Summer is on its way out, but there’s still time to pack in as much fun as possible. Seeking out activities that bring you joy is important for seniors’ well-being. But with so many possibilities, narrowing down your top priorities can take time and effort. That’s why Seniors Helping Seniors® in-home care services has created the perfect summer bucket list to inspire seniors in the Heartland to get out there and enjoy the season!
A summer bucket list is all about having a blast and enjoying the warm, sunny weather! It’s like a personalized to-do list, full of things to do and experiences to have. Whether you want to explore nature, bond with your grand kids, or try something new with a caregiver, you’ll go on new adventures, rediscover old passions, and have the best summer ever!
Making a bucket list is easy and fun! You can start by thinking about activities you love and ones you want to try. You can also include places you want to visit. The sky is the limit. Get creative with ideas — big or small, anything goes! Write down all the things you want to do before the summer is over and cross them off as you complete each item. Below, you’ll find Seniors Helping Seniors® ideas to inspire your list to help you have the summer of your dreams!
For the Outdoor Enthusiasts
Getting outside has awesome perks for seniors. Being in nature helps melt away stress and improves your mood. For those who want to explore the great outdoors this summer, here are a few ideas you can try.
- Go on a nature walk in a local park or nature reserve.
- Have an outdoor picnic with friends or family.
- Try out gardening and grow your own flowers or vegetables.
- Go bird-watching and see how many local bird species you can find.
- Volunteer for a community outdoor clean-up event.
There are so many outdoor activities you can enjoy this summer and our caregivers are always up for an adventure. Think about which activities are calling and add them to your bucket list!
For the Social Butterflies
Summer is way more fun when you share the enjoyment with others. Make new memories and deepen connections with your friends, family, and a Seniors Helping Seniors® caregiver. If your goal is to have fun with your loved ones and make new friends, here are some ideas you can try.
- Join a club or community center to meet like-minded people.
- Host a themed potluck dinner party with friends and family.
- Invite a neighbor to go out and get a scoop of ice cream with you.
- Coordinate a day trip with your friends or family to a nearby attraction or scenic location.